Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach
Written for medical, nursing and physician assistant students, residents, dietetic interns, and health professionals in practice, Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Case-Based Approach, 4th Edition, is a practical guide to the role of nutrition in everyday clinical practice. The new edition of this best-selling text has been updated by nationally recognized nutritionists and physicians who teach nutrition in medical schools and residency programs.
Key features include:
• 24 clinical cases simulating actual patient work-ups to reinforce the material
• Updated multiple choice review questions which allow readers to test their knowledge and prepare for courses, certifying exams, and earn C.E. credits
• Two new chapters: Vitamins and Minerals and Cancer Prevention
• Four new cases: Bariatric Surgery, Metabolic Syndrome, Hypertension, and Sleep Apnea
Moving from the fundamentals of nutrition assessment and vitamins to more specific chapters on pathophysiology of chronic diseases to oncology and nutrition support, this book teaches you how to diagnose and manage nutritional problems, integrate nutrition into your clinical practice, and answer patients’ most common questions.
In addition, registered dieticians can earn 45 C.E. credits from the American Dietetic Association by successfully completing the multiple choice questions included in the book. Everything has been pre-approved, there are no additional fees.
What people are saying - Write a review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
Need to lose weight?
How to lose weight fast ?
How to lose weight in a week ? And now ... read my successful story here
Some excerpts from my diary:
- exercise program uk
- growing herbs in a container
- weight loss programs in michigan diet plans
- spinal abdominal and injury binder cord
- care and personal fitness exercise equipment abdominal
There's not much in here most of us don't already know.
Celebrity diet secrets! Hollywood weight loss! It Really Works!
I just thought I would share my story with you in the hopes of inspiring you with a real example.
You can read about my fat loss secret here http://herbsin.com/CelebrityDiet.html
Lisa Hark Darwin Deen and Alix Pruzansky
Vitamins Minerals and Dietary Supplements 58
Jeremy Brauer Elizabeth Horvitz and John Swaney
Nutrition Throughout the Life Cycle
Lisa Hark and Darwin Deen
Infants Children and Adolescents 153
Diabetes Mellitus 319
Pulmonary Disease 355
Jessica Dine Jennifer Williams and Horace M DeLisser
Fundamentals of Oncology and Nutrition Support
Tamara Bockow and Satya S Jonnalagadda
Judith Fish and Douglas Seidner
Parenteral Nutrition Support 465
Laura Matarese Robert DeChicco and Ezra Steiger