« PreviousContinue »
Cleveland Put. Libe
OF THE SECOND VOLUME.
The Serampore Controversy-Mr. Hall's settlement in Bristol-
141. To J. B. Williams, Esq. The Life of Philip Henry
142. To John Easthope, Esq., M.P. Canning-Catholic Emancipa
146. To Benjamin Stokes, Esq. Instance of sudden death-Dr. Marshman
147. To the Rev. Josiah Hill
148. To John Purser, Jun., Esq. Domestic changes-The Serampore missionaries
149. To the Rev. Josiah Hill
On the death of Mrs. Hill
Reasons for declining to preach at Wor
155. To John Purser, Jun., Esq. On Dr. Marshman-Duke of Wellington's policy towards Ireland
158. To B. Stokes, Esq. Death of Dr. Okely-Dr. Chalmers's visit
159. To John Purser, Esq. Death of Mr. Purser, Sen.-State of Ireland-O'Connell
160. To John Purser, Esq.
161. To the Rev. Josiah Hill
162. To the Rev. John Fawcett
163. To John Purser, Esq.
164. To the Rev. Josiah Hill
Illness and death of Mrs. Foster-Mr. Anderson-Journey to Wales -Mr. Hughes-Rammohunroy-Eclectic Review-Mr. Fawcett (1832-1838)
165. To the Rev. Thomas Coles. Mrs. Foster's funeral
170. To the Rev. Josiah Hill. On religious assurance as held by
171. To the Rev. Josiah Hill. Brucker's Historia Philosophia
173. To the Rev. Joseph Hughes. A farewell letter, written shortly
before Mr H.'s death
174. To the Rev. Dr. Carpenter. On the opinions of the Rajah
175. To Miss Sheppard (Northampton)
176. To John Sheppard, Esq. On poetry-The intermediate state
179. To the Rev. Thomas Coles. On the death of his daughter 180. To the Rev. John Fawcett
181. To the Rev. Josiah Hill. Politics-The Watchman
183. To John Easthope, Esq. The Morning Chronicle-Popery 184. To John Easthope, Esq.
185. To B. Stokes, Esq.
186. To John Easthope, Esq.
193. To the Rev. Josiah Hill. On the duty of Christians in refer
199. To James Fawcett, Esq. On the death of the Rev. John Fawcett
200. To the Rev. Dr. Price. On Judge Durfee's Poem "What Cheer?"
201. To the Rev. Thomas Coles
Last Review-Letter to Mr. Greaves-Visit to Bourton in 1840-
203. To Mrs. Stokes.
On the death of Mr. Stokes
204. To the Rev. R. Elton, D.D., of Brown's University, Rhode
Island, U. S.
205. To the Rev. F. Clowes.
206. To the Rev. Thomas Coles.
206.*To the Rev. Josiah Hill. National Education-Ireland 207. To the Rev. Robert Ainslie. On Socialist publications 208. To J. Purser, Esq.
209. To Sir C. E. Smith, Bart. On the Established Church and
210. To Sir C. E. Smith, Bart. The Nonintrusionists in Scotland-
On the Intermediate State
213. To the Rev. B. S. Hall
214. To the Rev. W. Peachey. On the Millennium
219. To the Rev. Edward White. On the Duration of Future
223. To the Rev. Josiah Hill. On the death of Mr. Wade
225. To Mr. John Foster
226. To the Rev. Thomas Grinfield, M.A. Dissentions in the Established Church-Defective attention to Christian morals
in the preaching of the Evangelical clergy