Page images
PDF
EPUB

TABLE V. — DEATHS : CONJUGAL CONDITION OF

DECEDENTS. SINGLE. | MARRIED. || WIDOWED. DIVORCED.]|UNKNOWN. WARD. to § e g & § o g § 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 107 86 73 60 16 39 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 136 107 59 59 18 29 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . 1 | . . . . . . 8... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 71 65 37 43 11 41 || . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 72 51 36 35 13 33 ||. . . . . . . . . . . .ll. . . . . . . . . . . . . 5. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 64 57 49 30 16 30 1 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 253 || 172 92 62 20 25 1 |. . . . . . 1 2 7... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 137 82 7I 40 25 38 2 4 4 1 8.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 145 90 66 74 26 35 2 2 2. l. . . . . . 9. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 134 95 93 54 32 61 2. l. . . . . . 5 ! . . . . . . 10... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 67 71 64 43 8 54 is . . . . . 2 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . . 11. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 63 56 55 42 25 47 I 1 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . 12. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 90 160 75 S0 31 48 il. . . . . . . . . . .il. . . . . 2 18. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 193 74 72 60 17 36 ||... . . . . . . . . .ll. . . . . . . . . . . . . 14. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 117 74 72 60 17 36 || . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 112 96 52 47 14 60 il. . . . . . . . . . . 1 ! . . . . . . 16... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 114 74 63 39 10 45 ||...... 2 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . . 17. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 141 121 79 59 21 53 ||...... 2 2 | . . . . . . 18. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 126 126 71 66 16 51 I 2 4 l 19. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 150 138 68 55 23 57 || . . . . . 1 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . . 20. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130 150 S5 70 33 78 || . . . . . . . . . . 2 | . . . . . . 21. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 61 71 76 57 32 65 I 3 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . 22. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . S2 S0 75 47 17 48 ||... . . . . . . . . . 1 1. . . . . . 23. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 88 S9 63 45 15 41 ||...... 1 ||. . . . . . . . . . . . . 24. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 115 90 62 51 23 56 ||... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 70 71 50 44 12 32 || . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Total residents, each 86 X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2,838 2,363 || 1,663 | 1,310 || 502 | 1,161 12 21 23 7 Both sexes. . . . . . . . . . . . . 5,201 2,973 1,663 33 30 TNon-residents. . . . . . . . . 237 165 215 125 42 61 3 3 2 . . . . . . Unknown . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 82 77 7 5 13 24 ||...... 1 29 6 Total, each sex. . . . . . . . 3,157 2,605 || 1,885 | 1,440 || 557 | 1,246 15 25 54 13 Total, both sexes....... 5,762 2,825 1,803 40 67

[graphic]
[ocr errors][graphic]
[ocr errors][ocr errors][graphic]

DEATHS. - MONTHS AND SEASONs. (TABLE VI.)

The greatest number of deaths for any month occurred in March, 1,023; the least number in June, 795. The greatest number of deaths of residents of Boston occurred in January, 868 ; the least number in June, 688. The greatest number of deaths of non-residents in Boston occurred in September, 87; the least number in January, 55. The greatest number of deaths of persons whose residence was unknown was in July, 33; the least number was in January, 10. In the first quarter of the year there were 2,875 deaths, or 26.13 per cent. of the whole number; in the second quarter there were 2,651 deaths, or 24.1 per cent. ; making a total of 5,526 deaths in the first half of the year, or 50.23 per cent. The deaths in the third quarter of the year were 2,653, and in the last quarter of the year 2,818. JDeaths: Quarter- Year Periods, Residents of Boston. — The greatest number of deaths of residents of Boston in any quarteryear period was 2,662 in the first quarter of the year; this was 26.88 per cent. of the whole number of deaths of residents. The number of deaths of residents for the second quarter of the year was 2,368, or 23.91 per cent. of the whole number; and the total for the first half of the year was 5,030 deaths, or 50.8 per cent. The deaths in the third quarter numbered 2,332. Deaths: Quarter- Year Periods, Non-Residents. Of the deaths of non-residents, 178 occurred in the first quarter of the year, 224 in the second, 239 in the third, and 212 in the fourth. Deaths: Quarter- Year Periods, Residence Unknown.—Of the deaths of persons whose residence was unknown the greatest number for any quarter-year period was 82 in the third quarter; there were 35 in the first quarter, 59 in the second, and 68 in the last.

DEATHS. — SExEs, MONTHS AND SEASONs.

The greatest number of deaths of male persons in any month was 524, in March; the least number was 428, in July. The greatest number of deaths of females in any month was 476, in January; the least number was 355, in June. The following table shows the division of the sexes in quarteryear periods: Males. Females.

[ocr errors][merged small]
[merged small][ocr errors]

The greatest number of deaths (males) for any quarter-year period was 1,470 for the last quarter of the year, or 25.93 per cent. ; the least number (males) was 1,353 in the third quarter, or 23.87 per cent. of the whole number of male decedents.

The greatest number of deaths of females for any quarter-year period was 1,413 in the first quarter, or 26.51 per cent. : the least number (females) was 1,268 in the second quarter, or 23.79 per cent. of the whole number of females.

JDeaths: Seaces, Months and Seasons, Residents of Boston. The greatest number of deaths of male residents of Boston in any month occurred in March, 473; the least number was in July, 368. The greatest number of deaths of female residents for any month was in March, 466; the least number was in June, 3.16.

The following table shows the division of the sexes in quarteryear periods:

Males. Females.

[ocr errors]

First quarter . e * e * © 1,335 1,327

[ocr errors]

Fourth quarter . • o o e o 1,310 1,228

« PreviousContinue »