« PreviousContinue »
being Double Volumes, are 1s. 6d.
1. EMERSON'S REPRESENTATIVE MEN.
2. IRVING'S LIFE OF MAHOMET.*
3. THE GENUINE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
4. WILLIS'S PEOPLE I HAVE MET.*
5. IRVING'S SUCCESSORS OF MAHOMET.*
10 & 11.
12 & 13.
LIFE OF GOLDSMITH.*
TALES OF A TRAVELLER.*
TOUR ON THE PRAIRIES.
CONQUESTS OF GRANADA AND SPAIN. 2 Vols.*
LIFE OF COLUMBUS. 2 Vols.*
COMPANIONS OF COLUMBUS.*
15 & 16. TAYLOR'S EL DORADO; or, Pictures of the Gold Region. 2 Vols. 17. IRVING'S ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN BCNNEVILLE.*
TALES OF THE ALHAMBRA.*
CONQUEST OF FLORIDA.*
ABBOTSFORD AND NEWSTEAD.
ASTORIA (Portrait of the Author). 2 Vols. in 1. 2s.
25. LAMARTINE'S GENEVIEVE; or, The History of a Servant Girl. Translated by A. R. SCOBLE.*
26. MAYO'S BERBER; or, The Mountaincer of the Atlas. A Tale of Morocco. 27. WILLIS'S LIFE HERE AND THERE; or, Sketches of Society and Adventure.* 28. GUIZOT'S LIFE OF MONK, with Appendix and Portrait.*
29. THE CAPE AND THE KAFFIRS: A Diary of Five Years' Residence, with Advice to Emigrants. By H. WARD. Plate and Map of the Seat of War. 2s. 30. WILLIS'S HURRY-GRAPHS; or, Sketches of Scenery, Celebrities, and Society, taken from Life *
31. HAWTHORNE'S HOUSE OF THE SEVEN GABLES. A Romance.
32. LONDON AND ITS ENVIRONS; with Historical and Descriptive Sketch of the Great Exhibition. By CYRUS REDDING. Numerous Illustrations. 28.
33. LAMARTINE'S STONEMASON OF SAINT POINT.*
34. GUIZOT'S MONK'S CONTEMPORARIES. A Series of Biographic Studies on the English Revolution. Portrait of Edward Lord Clarendon.
35. HAWTHORNE'S TWICE-TOLD TALES.
The same, Second Series.
SNOW IMAGE, and other Tales.
39. EMERSON'S ORATIONS AND LECTURES.
40. UNCLE TOM'S CABIN; or, Life among the Lowly; with Introductory Remarks by the REV. J. SHERMAN.
41. THE WHITE SLAVE. A new picture of American Slave Life.
43. DAYS OF BATTLE; or, Quatre Bras and Waterloo. By an ENGLISH WOMAN, resident at Brussels in June, 1815, (author of Rome in the Nineteenth Century).
Stanford University Libraries
3 6105 011 801 581
44. GERVINUS' INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY, translated from the German (with a Memoir of the Author). 45. GARPENTER'S (DR. W. B.) PHYSIOLOGY OF TEMPERANCE AND TOTAL ABSTINENCE, being an Examination of the Effects of the excessive, moderate, and occasional use of Alcoholic Liquors on the Human System (or on fine paper, bound in cloth, 2s. 6d.)
46. IRVING WOLFERT'S ROOST, AND OTHER TALES, Is.; or on fine paper, with Portrait, 1s. 6d.
47. IRVING'S LIFE OF WASHINGTON, Vol. 1. Early Life and Adventures. Fortrait, 2s. 6d.
Stanford University Library
In order that others may use this book, please return it as soon as possible, but not later than the date due.