« PreviousContinue »
46. SCHLEGEL'S LECTURES ON MODERN HISTORY.
47. LAMARTINE'S HISTORY OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION OF 1848. 48 & 50. JUNIUS'S LETTERS, with Notes, Additions, Essay, Index, &c. 2 Vols.
49, 55, 60, 65, 71. VASARI'S LIVES OF THE MOST CELEBRATED PAINTERS, O SCULPTORS, AND ARCHITECTS. Translated by MRS. FOSTER, with Notes. Complete in 5 Vols., with Index.
51. TAYLOR'S (JEREMY) HOLY LIVING AND DYING. Portrait.
52. GOETHE'S WORKS. Vol. III. ["Faust," "Iphigenia," "Torquato Tasso," and "Egmont."] Translated by MISS SWANWICK. With "Goetz von Berlichingen," translated by SIR WALTER SCOTT.
53, 56, 58, 61, 66, 67, 75, & 82. NEANDER'S CHURCH HISTORY. Carefully revised by the REV. A. J. W. MORRISON. 8 Vols. With Index.
54. NEANDER'S LIFE OF CHRIST.
57, 64. NEANDER'S PLANTING OF CHRISTIANITY, & ANTIGNOSTIKUS, 2 Vols.
59. GREGORY'S (DR.) LETTERS ON THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION.
62 & 63. JAMES' (G. P. R.) LOUIS XIV. Complete in 2 Vols. Portraits. 68 & 70. SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS' LITERARY WORKS, with Memoir, 2 Vols. Port. 69. ANDREW FULLER'S PRINCIPAL WORKS. Portrait.
72. BUTLER'S ANALOGY OF RELIGION, AND SERMONS, with Notes, &c. Portrait.
73. MISS BREMER'S WORKS. Translated by MARY HOWITT. New Edition, revised. Vol. I. [The Neighbours," and other Tales.] Post 8vo. Portrait. 3s. 6d.
74. NEANDER'S MEMORIALS OF CHRISTIAN LIFE IN THE EARLY AND MIDDLE AGES (including his "Light in Dark Places"). Post 8vo. 3s. 6d.
76. MISS BREMER'S WORKS, by MARY HOWITT. Vol. II. "The President's
77 & 80. JOHN FOSTER'S LIFE AND CORRESPONDENCE, edited by J. E.
RYLAND. In 2 Volumes. Portrait.
78. BACON'S ESSAYS, APOPHTHEGMS, WISDOM OF THE ANCIENTS, NEW ATALANTIS, AND HENRY VII., with Dissertation and Notes.
79. GUIZOT'S HISTORY OF REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT, translated from the French by A. R. SCOBLE. With Index.
33. MISS BREMER'S WORKS, by MARY HOWITT. Vol. III. "The Home, and Strife and Peace."
84. DE LOLME ON THE CONSTITUTION OF ENGLAND, or, Account of the English Government; edited, with Life and Notes, by JonN MACGREGOR, M.P.
85. HISTORY OF THE HOUSE OF AUSTRIA, from 1792 to the present time; in continuation of COXE. Portrait of the present Emperor.
87 & 88. FOSTER'S LECTURES, edited by J. E. RYLAND. 2 vols.
89. MISS BREMER'S WORKS, by MARY HOWITT, Vol IV. "A Diary; The Family; The Solitary; The Comforter; Axel and Anna; and a Letter about Suppers."
90. SMITH'S (ADAM) THEORY OF MORAL SENTIMENTS; and " Essay on E the First Formation of Languages," with Memoir by DUGALD STEWART.
91, 95, 96, 99, 102, 103, 105, & 106. COWPER'S COMPLETE WORKS, Edited by SOUTHEY; comprising his Poems, Correspondence, and Translations, with Southey's Memoir. With 50 Engravings on Steel. Complete in 8 vols.
BOHN'S STANDARD LIBRARY.
92. DANUBIAN PROVINCES.-RANKE's History of Servia, The Servian Revolution, The Insurrection in Bosnia, and The Slave Provinces of Turkey. Translated by MRS. KERR.
93. GOETHE'S ELECTIVE AFFINITIES, SORROWS OF WERTHER, GERMAN EMIGRANTS, GOOD WOMEN; and A NOUVELETTE.
94. THE CARAFAS OF MADDALONI: Naples under Spanish
lated from the German of ALFRED DE ROUMONT. Portrait of Masaniello. 97, 109, & 112. CONDE'S HISTORY OF THE ARABS IN SPAIN. Translated from the Spanish by MRS. FOSTER. In 3 vols. with copious Index. Frontispiece. 98 & 104. LOCKE'S PHILOSOPHICAL WORKS, containing the Essay on the Human Understanding, the Conduct of the Understanding, &c., with Notes by J. A. ST. JOHN, Esq. General Index and a Portrait. In 2 Vols.
100. HUNGARY: ITS HISTORY AND REVOLUTIONS. With a Copious Memoir of KOSSUTH, from new and authentic sources. Portrait of Kossuth.
101 & 113. HISTORY OF RUSSIA to the present time, compiled from KARAMSIN, TOOKE, and SEGUR, by W. K. KELLY. In 2 vols. with Index, Portraits of Catherine the Second, Nicholas, and Mentschikopf.
107 & 108. JAMES'S (G. P. R.) LIFE OF RICHARD CŒUR DE LION, King of England. New Edition, with Portraits of Richard and Philip Augustus. Complete in 2 vols.
110 & 111. SMYTH'S LECTURES ON MODERN HISTORY. New Edition, with the Author's last corrections, and a General Index. 2 vols.
112. GOETHE'S WILHELM MEISTER'S APPRENTICESHIP, complete in one Volume.
BOHN'S EXTRA VOLUMES.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price Ss. 6d.
1. GRAMMONT'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURT OF CHARLES II. Portrait.
2 & 3. RABELAIS' WORKS. Complete in 2 Vols. Portrait.
4. COUNT HAMILTON'S FAIRY TALES. Portrait.
5. BOCCACCIO'S DECAMERON, a complete Translation, by W. K. KELLY, Esq. Portrait.
6. CERVANTES' EXEMPLARY NOVELS, complete. Portrait.
7. THE HEPTAMERON, Tales in the manner of Boccaccio, by MARGARET, QUEEN OF NAVARRE. Finé Portrait.